Canadian Nationalist Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Response from Elections Canada  (Read 319 times)

jonottawa

• Canada
Response from Elections Canada
« on: September 10, 2019, 01:38:50 PM »

So, almost a week ago (last Wednesday evening, I believe,) a forum member posted the following about his interaction with Elections Canada:

I replied to that post and eventually a useful thread developed about an important development regarding our party's status and alternative ways of reacting to that development.

I thought the thread was important and engaging enough to link it on reddit.com/r/canada_first and it got a fairly decent number of upvotes there.

Unfortunately the original poster deleted the thread. Luckily I had the OP open on one of my computers and was able to preserve it, but the rest of it is lost (or at least, lost to me.)

So here I am resurrecting the spirit, and most of the substance, of that important thread. Hopefully we can rebuild most of what we lost when that thread was deleted.

jonottawa

• Canada
Re: Response from Elections Canada
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 01:47:57 PM »

Upon learning that Elections Canada planned to divulge not only our names and the names of the cities/towns in which we reside, but our STREET ADDRESSES, to Bolshevik terrorists, I got a little miffed.

So I wrote a letter to Ms. Laroche-Reinhardt, biked across the Ottawa river to Hull, and delivered it (the folks there refused to let me speak to anyone or to send anyone down, so I left it in the mailroom.)

Here is that letter:

jonottawa

• Canada
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 01:52:22 PM »

Today (September 10, 2019,) I received the following unsigned, (semi-anonymous) response from an alphabet soup email address ending in @elections.ca

Dear [redacted]:

This is in response to your letter of September 5, 2019 (attached), in which you raise concerns about the fact that the names and addresses of members of the Canadian Nationalist Party who submitted membership declarations to support the registration of that party will be made publicly available upon request. You have asked why this release of information may happen. You have also expressed a concern for the safety of individuals whose information is released and have asked that Elections Canada reconsider its decision.

We appreciate you contacting us with your concerns. Elections Canada, like all government institutions, is governed by laws that relate to what information must be protected from public release and what information must be made available to the public on request. There are also situations where an agency may make a decision about whether to release information. Before making any information publicly available, Elections Canada ensures that it is in compliance with these laws.

The Chief Electoral Officer made his decision regarding the Canadian Nationalist Party‚Äôs eligibility based on the information that was available to him at that time (August 29, 2019). On that day, your name was included in the list of at least 250 members who had previously confirmed their membership to the party. The law requires decisions of the Chief Electoral Officer and the documents supporting those decisions to be made publicly available. Unfortunately, other considerations such as the ones raised in your letter are not applicable under section 541 of the Canada Elections Act (Act). As such, your membership declaration and confirmation are public records and are available for inspection under the Act. As you note in your letter, there have been requests for this information, and we are currently processing them.

That being said, we have a process in place for party members to withdraw their confirmation of membership, if they wish to do so. We can send a package to the address indicated on the membership confirmation that you signed, in order for you to confirm that, going forward, you are no longer a member of the Canadian Nationalist Party. If you wish to receive this package, please confirm with us by replying to this email.

Regards,

jonottawa

• Canada
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 02:00:17 PM »

I replied to that email as follows (a single typo has been corrected):

Greetings,

Thank-you for responding to my letter. It would be nice to know who I am communicating with.

I am disappointed that you failed to answer most of my questions. Perhaps, to save you some work, I can answer them for you and you can correct me (with clarification) if my answers are incorrect, or at least provide me some inkling of why you think my questions aren't important and don't deserve thoughtful answers.

Q: It is my understanding ...

A: Yes, that is correct.

Q: Are you aware ...

A: Yes, we are aware.

Q: What analysis, if any, ...

A: We haven't performed any such analysis.

Q: Has Elections Canada determined ...

A: Elections Canada is indifferent to the danger it causes to patriotic Canadian citizens by doxing them to Bolshevik terrorist groups.

Q: If a group of Canadian Leftists ...

A: Of course we wouldn't dox them. We would cite valid security concerns and make an exception in that case. We would use our discretion to redact the addresses of Open Borders party members while maintaining compliance with the spirit of the Canada Elections Act.

Q: Is it part of Elections Canada's mandate ...

A: Officially? No. Unofficially? Of course, how else would one explain our behaviour?

Q: Would Elections Canada be willing to ...

A: Of course not, we are FEDERAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES, you peon. Our safety is PARAMOUNT, so we would never release that information. YOUR safety is irrelevant if you choose to challenge the status quo. We are giving you a choice between helping to form a new political party and personal safety. Would you like to reconsider your choice, citizen?

I again formally object to my name and home address being released publicly against my will by Elections Canada and I resent your extortionary, unCanadian, jackbooted tactics in trying to suppress the formation of our party.

I look forward to your response.

Regards,

[redacted]

jonottawa

• Canada
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 02:08:28 PM »

As of now, I have not received a second reply (not that I would expect one this promptly.)

And for those who are curious, I acted completely independently in this matter, as a Canadian citizen protecting my right to privacy from a maleficent government bureaucracy. I consulted noone for approval or advice before proceeding as I did.

Also, as I stated in the other thread, I didn't begin this process naively believing I could persuade Elections Canada to refrain from putting Canadian patriots at risk. I know how Bolshevik bureaucracies operate and behaving ethically generally isn't in their playbook. I began this process so that if any of our members ARE attacked by Antifa (or other) terrorists, Elections Canada will have zero 'plausible deniability'. Could that swing the October election? Or give a big boost to our party? Or lead to more competent and ethical staffing at Elections Canada? Who knows. Stranger things have happened.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 05:48:37 PM by jonottawa »

Maple Leaf Forever

• The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 11:12:39 PM »

In light of the recent events surrounding the Canadian Anti-Hate Network threatening to dox us all and Elections Canada's weak response up to now, I believe we should start a mailing campaign in order to convince Elections Canada not to release our information to groups that wish to harm us. I started a new thread to work on a strategy. You can find it here http://forum.nationalist.ca/index.php?topic=608.msg3108;topicseen#msg3108 Any imput is appreciated.

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 23 queries.