Canadian Nationalist Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: CNP Forum Now Open To The Public  (Read 402 times)

Patron

• Leader
  • Leader Of The CNP
CNP Forum Now Open To The Public
« on: September 02, 2019, 09:25:28 PM »

We are making the Canadian Nationalist Party Forum open to the public. I am making this decision because I believe it will help grow the party, serve as a useful communications/marketing tool, and perhaps most importantly, that secrecy is counter-intuitive to non-violent revolution.

We will make this announcement tomorrow morning (Tuesday) that the forum is now open to the public for registration/discourse.

Because of this decision, I ask you to go through your post history and delete (or request to delete) anything that you are not comfortable making public or that you believe will paint the party in a negative light.

You are also able to change your forum profile name in the account settings.

I am also asking the moderators to step up and keep a watchful eye for those who will attempt to infiltrate/troll or post things to make the party look bad.

Please post your comments/concerns in this thread.

Maple Leaf Forever

• The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined
Re: CNP Forum Now Open To The Public
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 10:37:51 PM »

This is a good idea. It will make the place more lively. The best way to rally people to our cause is to discuss with them and for them to read our interactions on the forum.

Also, it could help regarding our perception by the media. They won't be able to make things up if our communications on the forum are open and transparent. It's only up to us as Nationalists to behave upstandingly. Whatever honest media outlet is left would be convinced we aren't the devil.

Maple Leaf Forever

• The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 10:48:34 PM »

Just to add, you may want to have a look at your forum profile and review the information. Delete whatever details you don't feel comfortable being public. Gender, birthday, etc.

Patron

• Leader
  • Leader Of The CNP
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 11:28:05 PM »

Take a look at your phone number as well and delete it if you are not confident.

Patron

• Leader
  • Leader Of The CNP
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2019, 11:31:34 PM »

Part of the reason we are interested in making the forum public is because this forum is not active enough to be useful, each new account must be manually approved (cumbersome), and it can replace our reliance on a 3rd party service for email announcements.

jonottawa

• Canada
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2019, 10:14:52 AM »

Would it be THAT difficult or expensive to create a new public forum while preserving this forum (or this section of the new forum, if you want to look at it like that) for members only?

I think the decision is a mistake. I don't think internal party discussions should be made public.

chrisaub

• Strength Athlete.
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2019, 11:33:55 AM »

Would it be THAT difficult or expensive to create a new public forum while preserving this forum (or this section of the new forum, if you want to look at it like that) for members only?

I think the decision is a mistake. I don't think internal party discussions should be made public.

Maybe make the forum open to the public, but have some subsections restricted to party members only.  So the public can see the party but our actions and directions are hidden to members only.

Also I can moderate if you need, I have a good bit of downtime while I work to watch the forum.

Patron

• Leader
  • Leader Of The CNP
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2019, 05:26:56 PM »

Currently the forum is open to public registration where in order to read the actual posts and threads, you must be logged in. However, I am also considering making it completely open to guests and those browsing without an account to be able to read the conversations here.

What are people's thoughts on this?

Mr. Man

• Canada
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2019, 10:08:45 PM »

I am not against it, but I do believe there should be some discretion on which threads are read by guests.

After all, you wouldn't want your political opponents to be able to read your campaign strategies and what not.

Patron

• Leader
  • Leader Of The CNP
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2019, 11:14:49 PM »

I am not against it, but I do believe there should be some discretion on which threads are read by guests.

After all, you wouldn't want your political opponents to be able to read your campaign strategies and what not.
We have a hidden subforum for high-ranking members only.

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 23 queries.