Canadian Nationalist Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Unions  (Read 285 times)

Timothy

Unions
« on: November 17, 2018, 12:41:02 AM »

I don't know the opinion of anyone else here on Unions, but perhaps now is as good a time as any with our postal workers on strike. It seems the strike has gotten to the point where we are no longer accepting international mail? That is what an article on MSN was reporting anyways.

I personally think these labour disputes are futile and unproductive. Even if they are not striking, a Union is just another thing a worker has to lose pay to from their paycheck. Anyone else like the idea of making Unions illegal? Instead having labour disputes go through the ministry of labour?

Jayson

Re: Unions
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 05:02:37 PM »

Agreed!

Timothy

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 11:00:12 PM »

In concerns to privatizing things and letting the free market decide. I personally do not see very many positive effects these days from said actions. However I am not an economist.

Jayson

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 11:39:08 PM »

I first thought that privatizing companies and services was the way to go but then monopolies form. The proper government with the right mentality and direction can provide a great service but the current government can't provide anything of use. There are disadvantages to both but it really depends on what Canadians really want when they have all the info. Canadians need to decide what direction they want to go in and if they choose correctly the government can provide for them and strengthen them and future generations. This subject entirely depends on the government in place. I just reread the thread so in terms of unions, they should not be necessary with the right government and mentality in place. Look, if people became more "country first" oriented this would be less of a problem. If the government spent less money on women's rights in Syria or Afghanistan this would not be a problem. It comes down to the focus and direction of the gov.

cannat70

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 06:41:52 PM »

Theres no such things as a free market of strict competition its about gaining a monopoly and buying influence from the state. Libertairians like to think they can punch in some sort of equation and virtue signal to commercial liberalism that locke and Hobbes came up with to discourage heroic action for your Kim and replacing it with what's in the best interest financially for the nation. There will always be conflict between nations as no one goes into for their strict self interest of the nation. This will lead to conflicts and eventually require miltary action. The economy is strictly based upon labour it's what gotten all nations out of depression and famine not the right hold standard. Although usury is destructive to all economies.

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 24 queries.