Canadian Nationalist Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Andre Scheer and the Conservatives are positioning themselves as "Liberal Light"  (Read 310 times)

Sir John Eh

Headline: Andrew Scheer joins caucus members in condemning Bernier's 'identity politics' .'He's just poking us in the eye for no reason,' Conservative Sen. Salma Ataullahjan tells  (from the CBC).

partial text of the article:

Maxime Bernier received an official rebuke from his boss, Conservative Party Leader Andrew Scheer, and a broadside from a Pakistani-Canadian Conservative senator today as the party moved to distance itself from the former leadership contender's opinions on multiculturalism on the eve of its national convention.

Scheer pointed out in a statement issued this evening that Bernier "holds no official role in caucus and does not speak for the Conservative Party of Canada on any issue."

Referencing Bernier's recent tweets attacking the Liberal government's "extreme multiculturalism," Scheer said that "personally, I disagree with politicians on the left and the right when they use identity politics to divide Canadians.

"I will not engage in this type of politics.

"Conservatives celebrate Canada's diversity and a Conservative government will continue to welcome those from all over the world who choose to come here because of the society we have built."

If I want to vote conservative, I am inclined to find a real small "c" conservative party to vote for .....

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/pakistani-canadian-senator-maxime-bernier-tweet-1.4786506

Jair

• Global Moderator

Good. Conservatives being 'liberal lite' is driving people towards us.

woodrover

Yes, this could be a good thing.

I'd suggest that a Conservatives majority would only be marginally better than a Liberal majority.
They're doing the classic "leftward-squeeze" to appear more palatable for Canadians.
So, if we combine this effect with the effect of our movement, we may be able to build something much larger.....I mean much larger.

Is a kind of schism in the CPC in the making??? Ill bet Scheer doesn't want any risk of schism or division in the party, which could make the Liberals look bolder.

woodrover

The news today is that Bernier has officially left the Conservative Party.
And, he indicates that he desires to start a new party of some kind.

Sir John Eh

IMHO, with the due respect, this party is going to have get registered before it going to have a lot of credibility with the public.

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 23 queries.