Canadian Nationalist Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Current State of Immigration In Canada  (Read 164 times)

Patron

• Leader
  • Leader Of The CNP
The Current State of Immigration In Canada
« on: June 27, 2018, 01:19:13 AM »

"It was under Progressive Conservatives like Diefenbaker that we moved away from a policy of ethnic homogeneity to a “points system”, only to entrench the rights of foreigners in the adoption of the Bill of Rights; and it was under Progressive Liberals like Pierre Elliot Trudeau that we adopted radical immigration policy and signed the United Nations Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees, only to entrench the rights of foreigners in the adoption of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. After all, it was under Pierre Elliot Trudeau that eventually, in 1976, 1978, and 1988, we adopted immigration policies that were explicitly meant to encourage multiculturalism (such as the Multicultural Act of '88), mass immigration (such as the immigration policies of '76, and '78), and ultimately, we adopted an immigration policy that explicitly went against what was required to create a society that could afford to let immigrants in to begin with."

https://www.redensign.ca/2018/06/05/current-state-of-canadian-immigration/
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 09:16:32 PM by Patron »

pl.thenandnow

Re: The Current State of Immigration In Canada
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 12:44:38 PM »

Well, its both Trudeau / Liberals and Mulroney / PCs.
In brief, the lobbying for a multiculturalism act started sometime in the 70s, around when the Liberals were proposing an amendment to section 3b of the Immigration Act. A new federal Ministry of State for Multiculturalism was created. Also related, is the fact that, under the Liberals, MC policy was inserted into section 27 of the Charter. So, around 1983, there was a major political need for the PC party to promise what the liberals had not yet promised: a MC Act. It looks like the PCs won in 84, partly on the ethnic voters' support.

I found a good paper here:
Legislating Multiculturalism and Nationhood: The 1988 Canadian Multiculturalism Act, by Varun Uberoi, from Canadian Journal of Political Science, 2016.
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/304809054

pl.thenandnow

Re: The Current State of Immigration In Canada
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 05:43:44 PM »

I met an official for a regional PC Nova Scotia party a couple of weeks ago, at a kitchen party. As anti-social as I am, I engaged him in dialogue for about 90 minutes, where we discussed MC and other things. We was definitely in favour of MC, which shows how cucked he is.

So, PC/Conservative support of MC goes back decades....its really bewildering. Will they not look at things now, and see that perhaps MC was a bad idea? Why are people so short-sighted?

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 23 queries.